Seeking skilled people
UP is currently seeking some new people with some very specific skills. Interested in joining the global UP Community?
Seeking people with specific skillsets
UP is not a typical agency with employees, freelancers or traditional offices. We are an exclusive membership-only organization. Our members work either from our global Creative Hubs or remotely through the cloud. More about membership.
If you're interested in applying for one of the current roles we're seeking, please click the "apply" button and specify which role you're interested in.
Role: Life Science Account Director (US)
Role: Inbound Specialists
Location: US & EU
Role description: Competence in an inbound marketing platform, preferably HubSpot.
Capable of understanding the inbound strategy that UP develops and converting it into a custom inbound program for the client.
Role: Digital Lead in Germany
Role description: UP Digital is on the lookout for an exceptional individual to help grow our digital business and to look after our digital clients in Germany. As the “digital front of house” for the agency, you will need to be rather special: You will have experience in winning and then dealing with clients. You will have in-depth digital agency knowledge, either with website design and build, or with multi-platform digital marketing, and you will understand how you can make the customer experience better; and most importantly you will be passionate about the online world. Strong account management, team leadership and ability to produce superb client documents. Knowledge of CMS’s, marketing platforms, Google Ads, and Social Media platforms is required. (Read more)
UP Digital Lead for Germany
- Identify new business leads in Germany, pitch and win new clients.
- Work with existing UP team members and partners to develop new digital projects with existing relationships.
- Increase UP’s digital footprint in Germany.
- Be the primary point of contact for your clients: Own the relationships.
- Create effective digital strategies for your clients.
- Help manage projects internally for your clients; we do have project managers but they will need your guidance.
- You will lead your team in understanding the clients needs, running research for the client, then devising and implementing an online strategy across their website, social, Google and inbound content.
- You must be the representation of the client within the agency - making sure we achieve all the goals and targets we set.
- And… you will be the UP digital champion in Germany.
- Produce superb client documents including pitches, proposals, cost estimates, statements of work, reports and research analysis.
- Ability to guide and work with the production members of the team to get the right things done on time and on budget.
- Attention to detail is imperative, as you will be managing campaigns and website build projects.
- As a digital marketing specialist, you will devise successful digital strategies, and then build and run national and international campaigns for your clients across Google, social media, inbound and across the clients' own websites. (We do have digital marketing managers who will work with you).
- Knowledge of CMS's, marketing platforms, Google Ads, and social media platforms.
- Ability to provide amazing digital client experiences.
- Strong account management skills, i.e. the ability to efficiently and effectively get things done yourself and through other people.
- Website and digital marketing experience, and most importantly, the ability to learn and grow, stay on top of current trends, and focus on results.
- A process-driven individual who thrives on finding new, better and more efficient ways of doing things.
- Minimum of 3 years as an Account Manager or higher, where you were responsible for client relationships.
- Minimum of 5 years working inside of a digital or marketing agency serving external clients.
- Digital marketing & web design project management experience.
- Thrive in a small and growing team as this is a new role to start developing the territory, and you will be working with a small UK-based team.
- Enjoy reading books and taking courses to grow your knowledge and expertise.
- Do some sort of digital marketing, or learning, in your spare time… it’s not just a day-job for you.
- Feel at home with spreadsheets and task management tools.
- Craft campaign and email messages and don’t just write them.
- Are comfortable with IM tools, email, video calls, and picking up the phone to actually speak to clients.
- Genuinely care about your clients (people) and not just getting things done.
- Have a cracking sense of humour as we love to have a giggle at work.
Life Science Account Director (US)
The Life Science Account Director’s main responsibility is to grow, maintain and develop relationships with UP's new and existing clients within the Life Science sector in the US. The candidate will develop and execute different clients’ marketing plans in the most effective acquisition channels. The candidate is also expected to work with strategic and operative tasks tailored to the client’s specific needs. Therefore, the candidate will be expected to have excellent marketing, strategic and hands-on digital, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Take ownership of significant client accounts and play a key role in delivering a world class cloud-based agency service
- Advise and support clients in strategic and operational B2B marketing operations
- Provide insightful strategy and commercial advice aligned to your client’s goals
- Identify, target and generate new business
- Building relationships with targeted customers through online and offline channels
- Develop, establish and implement effective sales and marketing plans tailored to the assigned accounts to achieve the quarterly and annual sales targets
- Work with UP’s internal creative, strategic and digital teams globally
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Advise and support clients in developing their:
- Branding and communication
- Digital Marketing
- Market analysis
- Inbound and content marketing
- Films and webinars
- Website and e-commerce sites
Develop, execute and evaluate digital marketing strategies and plans:
Set specific digital objectives and KPIs, and monitor progress
Continuously survey digital developments and trends in the life science landscape
Budget and forecasting
- Set budgets and allocate project resources
- Make sure projects are delivered on time to the right cost
Collaboration with internal and external actors:
- Collaborate with UP senior management team to drive sales
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Train and lead global internal UP project teams
The candidate will manage the in-account marketing plan and execution for a portfolio of Life Science clients. Therefore, the candidate will be expected to have excellent marketing, strategic and hands-on digital, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum a BS degree in Life Science or Marketing
- 7+ years of work life experience within the Life Science sector
- Experience in account-based marketing strategies, brand management and client services
- Strong commercial acumen combined with a deep interest and knowledge of the Life Science Professional Services area
- Proven ability to engage with C-level decision-makers and coordinate activity on major accounts
- Excellent communicator combining interpersonal relationship building with meeting facilitation and a high level of presentation skills
- Worked with and managed globally distributed teams
- Ideally experience from both client and agency side
- PhD in Life Science or MBA
- Prior sales and account management experience in pharma or biotech
- Strong network with clients within the Life Science sector
- Protein/peptide and/or Genomics science experience
For an optimal candidate/company/culture fit and a successful long-term recruitment, the Following personality traits are needed:
- Self-motivated and proactive “do:er” with no ego
- Sales and results driven mentality
- Client focused and service minded
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Proven analytical skills and an exceptional problem-solving ability
- Excellent content/domain knowledge and technical skills
- Strategic thinker
- Collaborative and transparent
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong and pedagogical communicator
Moreover, it is important that the candidate works well with tight deadlines, thrives in a dynamic, international and fast-paced environment and has a genuine passion for Life Science sector.
• Fluent in English
• Due to UPs international presence, other languages are an asset
Role and Company USPs
- Join the world's leading, global cloud based agency
- Being e-ployed® instead of employed
- A role demanding self-responsibility and seniority
- Stimulating work tasks in an international and dynamic environment
- Entrepreneurial role with the possibility to take on more responsibility and quick career development
- Strong and international client and partner base
- Be part of an international team of top performers with globally distributed teams working through the cloud
- The option of working remotely or from one of UP's global creative Hubs in Stockholm, Malmö, Uppsala, Hamburg, Amsterdam, London, Guildford, Sydney, or New York
For this position, you may send your CV directly to: