Seeking skilled people
UP is currently seeking some new people with some very specific skills. Interested in joining the global UP Community?
Seeking people with specific skillsets
UP is not a typical agency with employees, freelancers or traditional offices. We are an exclusive membership-only organization. Our members work either from our global Creative Hubs or remotely through the cloud. More about membership.
If you're interested in applying for one of the current roles we're seeking, please click the "apply" button and specify which role you're interested in.
Role: Life Science Account Director (US)
Role: Art Director
Location: UK (or EU time zone)
Role description: Our Art Directors will be capable of generating impactful and effective conceptual work with an eye for outstanding design. They will be insight driven and able to follow an idea through from start to finish. Working with other creative professionals, they will deliver high-quality work for any given client across any given channel. (Read more)
Role: Inbound Specialists
Location: US & EU
Role description: Competence in an inbound marketing platform, preferably HubSpot.
Capable of understanding the inbound strategy that UP develops and converting it into a custom inbound program for the client.
Role: Science and Technical Writers
Role description: Writing about science, especially life sciences, and getting into the detail is your skill. Making it easy to understand and enjoyable to read is your passion. You enjoy writing for web consumption and you understand the target personas of the life scientist, healthcare professional, and pharmaceutical scientist, among other disciplines. You are writing for a highly educated audience. Understanding the importance of writing for the web, i.e. keyword analysis, SEO, the buyer's journey, is a merit. Ph.D. or M.Sc., B.Sc. or MBA is a plus.
Role: Digital Lead in Germany
Role description: UP Digital is on the lookout for an exceptional individual to help grow our digital business and to look after our digital clients in Germany. As the “digital front of house” for the agency, you will need to be rather special: You will have experience in winning and then dealing with clients. You will have in-depth digital agency knowledge, either with website design and build, or with multi-platform digital marketing, and you will understand how you can make the customer experience better; and most importantly you will be passionate about the online world. Strong account management, team leadership and ability to produce superb client documents. Knowledge of CMS’s, marketing platforms, Google Ads, and Social Media platforms required. (Read more)
UP Digital Lead for Germany
- Identify new business leads in Germany, pitch and win new clients.
- Work with existing UP team members and partners to develop new digital projects with existing relationships.
- Increase UP’s digital footprint in Germany.
- Be the primary point of contact for your clients: Own the relationships.
- Create effective digital strategies for your clients.
- Help manage projects internally for your clients; we do have project managers but they will need your guidance.
- You will lead your team in understanding the clients needs, running research for the client, then devising and implementing an online strategy across their website, social, Google and inbound content.
- You must be the representation of the client within the agency - making sure we achieve all the goals and targets we set.
- And… you will be the UP digital champion in Germany.
- Produce superb client documents including pitches, proposals, cost estimates, statements of work, reports and research analysis.
- Ability to guide and work with the production members of the team to get the right things done on time and on budget.
- Attention to detail is imperative, as you will be managing campaigns and website build projects.
- As a digital marketing specialist, you will devise successful digital strategies, and then build and run national and international campaigns for your clients across Google, social media, inbound and across the clients' own websites. (We do have digital marketing managers who will work with you).
- Knowledge of CMS's, marketing platforms, Google Ads, and social media platforms.
- Ability to provide amazing digital client experiences.
- Strong account management skills, i.e. the ability to efficiently and effectively get things done yourself and through other people.
- Website and digital marketing experience, and most importantly, the ability to learn and grow, stay on top of current trends, and focus on results.
- A process-driven individual who thrives on finding new, better and more efficient ways of doing things.
- Minimum of 3 years as an Account Manager or higher, where you were responsible for client relationships.
- Minimum of 5 years working inside of a digital or marketing agency serving external clients.
- Digital marketing & web design project management experience.
- Thrive in a small and growing team as this is a new role to start developing the territory, and you will be working with a small UK-based team.
- Enjoy reading books and taking courses to grow your knowledge and expertise.
- Do some sort of digital marketing, or learning, in your spare time… it’s not just a day-job for you.
- Feel at home with spreadsheets and task management tools.
- Craft campaign and email messages and don’t just write them.
- Are comfortable with IM tools, email, video calls, and picking up the phone to actually speak to clients.
- Genuinely care about your clients (people) and not just getting things done.
- Have a cracking sense of humour as we love to have a giggle at work.
Art Director (UK Team)
Reporting to: Creative Managing Partner (UK).
Business need for the role
Our Art Directors are capable of generating impactful and effective conceptual work with an eye for outstanding design.
- They will be insight-driven and able to follow an idea through from star to finish.
- Working with other creative team members, they will deliver high-quality work for any given client across any given channel.
- They will be able to collaborate with and work alongside copywriters and other team members to answer client briefs to the full, championing the importance of great design and inspiring colleagues to produce the same.
- They will be confident in their work and in their ability to present and sell it to clients where necessary.
Essential skills and attributes
- Display a passion for all things creative
- Driven by insight
- Curious and imaginative
- Enjoy advertising and design as a business
- Have an interest and awareness of social and cultural trends and their influence on all types of design
- Have a great eye for detail
- Display strong oral and written communication skills
- 1st class design skills
- A self-starter, highly motivated, able to multi-task and work efficiently under sometimes demanding deadlines
- Effective and confident communicator at all levels
- Excellent team player while maintaining the ability to work independently
- Deliver the role with the flexibility required to succeed in this industry
What good looks like
- Show interest and motivation - you should practice care and attention in every aspect of your role.
- Look out for each other – take responsibilities for yours and the actions of others, pull together towards a common goal.
- Think BIG – think beyond expectations or convention. Through inspiring creative briefs, bring new ideas to life.
- Do the right thing – show a sense of responsibility to yourself, your colleagues and our clients. Commit to getting the job done in a positive way, even when the pressure is on, never defaulting to the path of least resistance.
- Be happy – be approachable, contribute to a positive and enjoyable working environment. Bring enjoyment and passion to the team.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Creative skills
- Able to produce outstanding conceptual and creative ideas on and offline
- Able to produce rough sketches on paper and competent visuals on MAC or PC
- Able to work with photographers, illustrators and other creative services providers to execute the highest quality work for clients
- The ability to fully understand and interpret a creative brief and proposition
- The ability and self-confidence to debate and challenge the above
- Think laterally to come up with great conceptual work and surprise or inspire others with your breadth of thinking and execution
- The ability to critique work and debate constructively with agency colleagues
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of each client's business, their products/services, markets and competitors
- Demonstrate the talent to persuade: put together a compelling argument for a given product or execution
- The confidence to meet and converse with clients, either to develop a brief or to present creative work
- Produce print-ready artwork for your own work if and when required
- Be competent in common industry and agency packages such as Adobe (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, XD)
Client service skills
Liaise with Client Direction and Campaign Management to find appropriate solutions to clients' marketing challenges.
- Manage your own time in order to produce your agreed workload.
- To ensure your work is signed off and approved as required according to the agency’s approval system (e.g. via Creative Director).
- To have a full understanding of the agency approval system and specifically the parts your discipline is responsible for.
- Where required, ensure amends are thoroughly checked before returning proofs to the Client Service team.
- Follow procedures for filing work on live jobs in an orderly and timely manner where it may be backed up and accessed by others.
- To ask for and adhere to any budgetary restrictions on any given project.
- Display a commercial understanding regarding the impact of time, etc. on budgets.
- Be committed to estimating hours required as accurately as possible.
- At the earliest stage possible, inform the Creative Director or Account Director of any previously unforeseen issues which could possibly have an impact on costs (e.g. extra hours required).
People and presentation skills
- The ability to confidently stand up and sell creative work on behalf of the agency, along with the quickness of thought to defend it when questioned.
- Able to take constructive criticism and find solutions to adverse client feedback.
- Able to work with, motivate and inspire creative colleagues to produce better work.
- The interpersonal skills to work positively with colleagues at every level throughout the agency, and with suppliers.
- Capable of formulating a compelling argument to defend any given piece of work, either internally or in front of client.
- Maintain and uphold good interdepartmental relationships.
- Find the time to liaise with others in the creative team to make any given job as good as it can be.
Life Science Account Director (US)
The Life Science Account Director’s main responsibility is to grow, maintain and develop relationships with UP's new and existing clients within the Life Science sector in the US. The candidate will develop and execute different clients’ marketing plans in the most effective acquisition channels. The candidate is also expected to work with strategic and operative tasks tailored to the client’s specific needs. Therefore, the candidate will be expected to have excellent marketing, strategic and hands-on digital, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Take ownership of significant client accounts and play a key role in delivering a world class cloud-based agency service
- Advise and support clients in strategic and operational B2B marketing operations
- Provide insightful strategy and commercial advice aligned to your client’s goals
- Identify, target and generate new business
- Building relationships with targeted customers through online and offline channels
- Develop, establish and implement effective sales and marketing plans tailored to the assigned accounts to achieve the quarterly and annual sales targets
- Work with UP’s internal creative, strategic and digital teams globally
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Advise and support clients in developing their:
- Branding and communication
- Digital Marketing
- Market analysis
- Inbound and content marketing
- Films and webinars
- Website and e-commerce sites
Develop, execute and evaluate digital marketing strategies and plans:
Set specific digital objectives and KPIs, and monitor progress
Continuously survey digital developments and trends in the life science landscape
Budget and forecasting
- Set budgets and allocate project resources
- Make sure projects are delivered on time to the right cost
Collaboration with internal and external actors:
- Collaborate with UP senior management team to drive sales
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Train and lead global internal UP project teams
The candidate will manage the in-account marketing plan and execution for a portfolio of Life Science clients. Therefore, the candidate will be expected to have excellent marketing, strategic and hands-on digital, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum a BS degree in Life Science or Marketing
- 7+ years of work life experience within the Life Science sector
- Experience in account-based marketing strategies, brand management and client services
- Strong commercial acumen combined with a deep interest and knowledge of the Life Science Professional Services area
- Proven ability to engage with C-level decision-makers and coordinate activity on major accounts
- Excellent communicator combining interpersonal relationship building with meeting facilitation and a high level of presentation skills
- Worked with and managed globally distributed teams
- Ideally experience from both client and agency side
- PhD in Life Science or MBA
- Prior sales and account management experience in pharma or biotech
- Strong network with clients within the Life Science sector
- Protein/peptide and/or Genomics science experience
For an optimal candidate/company/culture fit and a successful long-term recruitment, the Following personality traits are needed:
- Self-motivated and proactive “do:er” with no ego
- Sales and results driven mentality
- Client focused and service minded
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Proven analytical skills and an exceptional problem-solving ability
- Excellent content/domain knowledge and technical skills
- Strategic thinker
- Collaborative and transparent
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong and pedagogical communicator
Moreover, it is important that the candidate works well with tight deadlines, thrives in a dynamic, international and fast-paced environment and has a genuine passion for Life Science sector.
• Fluent in English
• Due to UPs international presence, other languages are an asset
Role and Company USPs
- Join the world's leading, global cloud based agency
- Being e-ployed® instead of employed
- A role demanding self-responsibility and seniority
- Stimulating work tasks in an international and dynamic environment
- Entrepreneurial role with the possibility to take on more responsibility and quick career development
- Strong and international client and partner base
- Be part of an international team of top performers with globally distributed teams working through the cloud
- The option of working remotely or from one of UP's global creative Hubs in Stockholm, Malmö, Uppsala, Hamburg, Amsterdam, London, Guildford, Sydney, or New York
For this position, you may send your CV directly to:
Global Membership Coordinator